Yamaha F2.5 Portable Tiller
Convenience & Control
- EASY STORAGE: Yamaha’s F2.5, F4, and F6 feature our Easy Storage Oil Retention System. This pressurized oiling system prevents leaks, enabling on-side storage.
- COMFORTABLE CONTROL: Incredibly nimble, the F6 and F4 feature 180-degree steering and the F2.5 features 360-degree steering with a dynamically balanced and dampened twist-grip throttle for comfort and convenient maneuverability.
- PORTABILITY AND STORAGE: Built-in front and rear handles make these lightweights easy to carry. Resting pads and an easy oil retention system allow for convenient on-side storage without cowling scuffs or oil leakage.
Power & Performance
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE POWER: They may weigh as little as 37 pounds, but these Overhead-Valve portable outboards are packed with features that create smooth, quiet power. This includes a CDI or TCI ignition system, an optimally balanced crankshaft, a long span mounting system and a labyrinth exhaust.
- ULTRA-LOW EMISSIONS: The Portable F6, F4 and F2.5 are California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Three-Star Rated for Ultra-Low Emissions and meet federal EPA requirements.
- RECORD SETTING FUEL EFFICIENCY: Small motors use less fuel, but according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the Yamaha F4 actually set a world record for fuel efficiency, traveling 67.27 continuous statute miles on one gallon of gas.
Reliability & Durability
- EASY OPERATION: The F6, F4 and F2.5 feature built-in, see through fuel tanks. The F6 and F4 also feature switchable access to an optional, 3.1-gallon external fuel tank for extended range.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Portable outboards.
- MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY: The F6, F4 and F2.5 have a carburetor with a factory-selected setting for maximum efficiency, which helps them achieve a C.A.R.B. Three-Star Rating for Ultra-Low Emissions. Additionally, automatic decompression, built-in auxiliary priming and start-in-gear prevention help make for easier starts.