2020 Tohatsu MFS6BZ MFS6BZEPL
Our first priority when developing these 6 hp engines was to make them lightweight and compact without compromising reliability or the quality performance associated with the Tohatsu brand name.
We have maintained the durable standard features that Tohatsu owners appreciate while making fuel-efficient 4-strokes that are easy to transport.
These 8hp outboards are compact 2-cylinder, SOHC engines that have been manufactured to comply with all US EPA & CARB 3-star rating emission regulations.
Features may include:
Tohatsu 6 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Designed with proven technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Trim tab reduces steering effort, functioning also as the sacrificial anode that protects the engine from electrolysis
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter