- Cool Air Intake: The cool air intake grabs fresh outside air to feed the supercharger and cooler air means more horsepower for big performance gains
- Supercharger: The water-cooled supercharger uses the engine cooling system to reduce air temperatures and supercharger load, increasing supercharger durability and more importantly – POWER
- Guide Plates: Standard on all 400R models, the stainless steel guide plates stabilize the engine and Advanced Midsection for improved durability and rock solid handling at high speeds and in rough seas
- Engine Mounts: High performance engine mounts designed in conjunction with Mercury’s exclusive Advanced Midsection for the perfect combination of handling and overall running quality
- DTS: Digital Throttle and Shift is a fully electronic throttle and shift system that offers smooth and predictable shifting and instant throttle response, similar to a modern sports car. DTS reduces the loud “clunk” associated with mechanical shifting for a high quality experience. Mercury Racing Zero Effort controls with Shadow Mode offer the ability to throttle and shift up to four engines with just two throttle and two shift levers for easier control at higher speeds
- Make a Statement: Seven different colors are available for the graphics package on the Cold Fusion White 400R and are designed to reflect your personal style or match the color palette of the boat. Either way, heads will turn, even if you won’t be in view for long. Phantom Black available only with Red / Carbon graphics package.
- HP / kW: 400/298
- Full Throttle RPM: 6400-7000
- Engine Type: Inline 6-cylinder
- Displacement: 2.6L
- Air Induction System: Supercharged with Cold Air Intake and charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control
- Fuel System: Sequential Multi-Post Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Fuel Requirements: Recommended Unleaded 91 Octane; Minimum Unleaded 89 Octane
- Starting: Electric (Turn-key) with SmartStart
- Exhaust System: Through Prop
- Recommended Oil: Mercury Racing 25W-50; NMMA Certified FCW 25W-50 Synthetic Blend
- Oil Capacity: 8.0 Liters
- Engine Management System: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Minimum Centerline Mounting Distance: 26 inches
- Steering System: Electro-hydraulic power steering; Joystick Piloting for Outboards
- Gearcase: 5.44″ Offshore HD Sport Master in straight, left and right camber
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- CARB Star Rating: CARB 2-Star
- Alternator/AMP: 70 AMP / 882 Watt (Belt-Drive)
- Counter Rotation: Available in both gearcases
- Dry Weight: 668 lbs (303 kg)
- Shaft Length: 20″ / 508mm
- Colors: Phantom Black, Cold Fusion White
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited for recreational boating, 3-Year Limited Corrosion warranty
- Bravo I® FS: We’ve added five new models to our ever popular Bravo I FS propeller line. The new pitch offerings expand the popular Bravo I FS range – providing precision tuned performance for single engine OptiMax and Verado applications.
- Pro Max®: The Pro Max Propeller was developed to help light to medium weight hulls get up on plane faster and improve top end speeds. The stainless steel prop is enhanced with the addition of the Mercury® patented Performance Vent System® (PVS). PVS® enables the user to fine tune the amount of venting needed for even quicker planing and enhanced acceleration.
- Joystick Piloting: Forget complex. Forget stressful positioning or maneuvering in tight spaces during less-than-ideal situations. Focus instead on a new feeling. One of total confidence. Confidence that comes from being effortlessly, intuitively, completely in control of your boat, thanks to the Mercury’s Joystick Piloting system. The power to make your boat do exactly what you want, with just a touch of your fingertips. You don’t have to be a control freak to appreciate that.
- Digital Zero Effort Controls: Mercury Racing Digital Zero Effort Controls provide an intuitive experience – precisely signaling driver intent to engines equipped with Mercury Digital Throttle and Shift (DTS) technology.
- Sport Master: The Sport Master gearcase offers heavy-duty durability for boats that travel in excess of 85 mph, with low-water pick-ups and a crescent leading-edge design that maximizes efficiency and speed.
- 5.44″ Offshore HD: The 5.44″ Offshore HD gearcase was designed and engineered by Mercury Racing for the most demanding offshore environments and features a larger 5.44″ diameter torpedo that provides extra lift for heavier boats. This is a highly durable gearcase for heavier center consoles, walkarounds, pontoons and deckboats.